This form is to be filled in by the person who intends to carry out building works, or agent. If the form is unfamiliar please read the Notes that follow.
1. One copy only of this notice should be submitted with plans and particulars in duplicate.
1.2 Subject to certain exceptions where Part B (Fire Safety) imposes a requirement in relation to building work, two further copies of plans which demonstrate compliance with the requirements should be deposited.
2. Where the proposed work includes the erection of a building or extension this notice shall be accompanied by the following:
2.1 a block plan to a scale of not less 1:1250 showing:
2.1.1 the size and position of the building or the building as extended, and its relationship to adjoining boundaries.
2.1.2 the boundaries of the curtilage of the building, or the building as extended, and the size, position and use of every other building or proposed building within that curtilage.
2.1.3 the width and position of any street on or within the boundaries of the curtilage of the building or the building as extended.
2.1.4 the provision to be made for the drainage of the building or extension.
2.1.5 means of access to such buildings for the removal of refuse.
3. Plans and sections of proposed and existing buildings defining the proposed work, to a scale of not less than 1:100, or if the building is so extensive as to render a smaller scale necessary not less than 1:200.
4. Key plans to a scale of not less than 1:2500 showing the position of the site when it is not sufficiently identifiable from the block plan.
5. A fee is payable towards the cost of site inspections, being a single payment which covers all necessary site visits until completion of the works in accordance with the Building Regulations. A Guidance Note on fees is available on request. An invoice will be sent to the applicant named overleaf. If the charge is to be paid by another person, written confirmation will be required from that person confirming they are responsible for payment.
6. Section 16 of the Building Act 1984 provides for the passing of plans subject to conditions. The conditions may specify modifications to the deposited plans and/or that further plans shall be deposited (see item 6 over).
7. Local Authorities are required to give a decision within five weeks from the date of submission, which is normally achieved. However, there are circumstances where it is not possible to determine the application and the period has to be extended; with agreement, to two months from the submission date (see item 7 over).
8. These notes are for general guidance only. Particulars regarding the deposit of plans are contained in Regulation 14 of the Building Regulations 2000 and, in respect of charges, in the Building (Local Authority Charges) Regulations 1998.
9. Persons proposing to carry out work or make a material change of use of a building are reminded that permission may be required under the Town and Country Planning Acts.
10. Further information and advice concerning the Building Regulations can be obtained from your Local Authority Building Control Section.
11. Fire safety for non domestic premises is now covered by the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
12. Full plans submissions will also be accepted at the following Area Offices of the District Council:
12.1 Town Hall, North Street, Bourne Tel: Bourne (01778) 422436.
12.1.2 1 Maiden Lane, Stamford Tel: Stamford (01780) 764444.